soft moment at work

Jul 16, 2008


heart rainbow
Originally uploaded by zen
Today at ACA i called Raina - the Supervisor of Medical Records - about something and she answered the phone in an exasperated, hurried voice that spoke of the pressures of jobfulness. I told her what i had to say and she thanked me and we hung up.

I noticed that i also had an email from her asking me to merge a duplicate account. Patients sometimes get created with more than one account and their medical records get split between the two accounts losing clinical trackability and muddying the waters of patient care. So i merged the accounts and replied to her email with the corrected account number. I added the p.s. that i thought she sounded harried on the phone earlier and that i suggested she might breathe in a deep breath and let it out slowly and to imagine herself relaxing.

I saw her later quite a bit down the hall with a soft smile and knew she was thinking of my little permission to relax. She then pretended to float down the hall as if in water, her arms out, relaxed and dreamy. She's an avid dancer and her movements were graceful and beautiful as she ducked down another hall and out of sight.

That's all. Just a nice thing at work. It made me feel more relaxed and happy too.

4 comments:

you gave her wings!

Jessica said...
July 18, 2008 at 12:08 PM  

I haven't seen Raina in a few years. Tell her I said, "hi." :)

Brant said...
July 19, 2008 at 11:39 PM  

you're such a good egg, zen :)

Anonymous said...
July 26, 2008 at 8:00 PM  

Well written article.

Anonymous said...
November 10, 2008 at 6:00 PM  

Post a Comment