photographer as strongman

Aug 14, 2008


photographer as strongman
Originally uploaded by zen
3 things: In my august (more like September) years i need to exercise; I already play video games; and I'm motivated by geekiness; So, i bought a Wii with the Wii Fit board and have been using it daily for 3 weeks. All despite the questionable statistics that say that 60% of Wii Fit purchasers use it several times and then give up (if that were true there'd be a lot more Wii Fit boards on Craigslist). I really get into it. I've done yoga before and had it fade away, fitness clubs and let them lapse and I just don't hike enough for regular toning.

When i did the Lighten Up 4 Life challenge i lost 22 lbs by using the SparkPeople website that helped me keep track, chart and anticipate changes. People don't much motivate me except perhaps my dear sweet helen, and self-help books are for people to make money on. Looking good can't motivate me because it's too late. Me? I am a child of the office - charts and games and understanding bosses motivate me and the Wii Fit has all of this. So, for now at least, it's working and i look forward to it every day. It keeps me focused on my balance, posture and weight and i get to see the little progress that minutiae provides.

So we'll just see how long this lasts and whether my mental health improves or just becomes more simplified in the process...

4 comments:

Here here on the Wii Fit! We got ours yesterday. I loves it. Good to know that you are using it everyday and not getting tired of it. That's always my problem with exercise 'regimes'...I get bored or they are silly with horrible music (Curves) and next thing you know, I haven't gone in weeks. At least the Wii is cute. And no offense to anyone that likes Curves, I just couldn't hang.

Jenn Hoolihan said...
August 18, 2008 at 2:58 PM  

you might take a look at Zen Yoga.
www.artofzenyoga.com
Not boring at all and really helpful in getting your body feeling great!

Wandering Sage said...
August 26, 2008 at 9:26 AM  
yanmaneee said...
December 18, 2019 at 9:00 AM  
yanmaneee said...
March 11, 2021 at 3:48 AM  

Post a Comment