I write like Frankenstein's monster walks

Feb 10, 2008


stencil of frank
Originally uploaded by zen
I'm stiff and unfluid. I clomp and teeter about to topple. I have to think too much about how to move from one sentence to the other and end up going in some other direction than where i thought my pen (ok keyboard) would take me. I create a sentence structure and then fill it with gravel in hopes of giving it weight. I admire the natural way Fliss, Jennifer Saylor or Edgy Mama seem so organized and meaningful in their writing, or the clarity with which Ashevegas or Scrutiny Hooligans puts things.

I hate the way i write, but...

I cannot improve without practice. And most people reading this probably wish i would practice in a private journal rather in a public place. Or start on bathroom walls. Or just not write and let my photographs speak for themselves. But, i'm gonna keep at it until either i can actually write something both meaningful and poetic, or the internet boycotts me like the townspeople with torches and pitchforks.

I write like Frankenstein's monster walks.

4 comments:

I've actually admired the simplicity of your writing, and particularly liked the poem you posted to your photo site.

Does a friend really need to tell you that you probably communicate more elegantly than anyone you listed, only with pictures rather than words?

Jennifer Saylor said...
February 11, 2008 at 8:48 AM  

well said, Jennifer! :D

see?

Actually, i used to write much gooder, but am just way out of practice, and like the visual image, it'll all come back to me.

zen said...
February 11, 2008 at 9:09 AM  
oakleyses said...
July 5, 2016 at 8:13 PM  
oakleyses said...
July 5, 2016 at 8:22 PM  

Post a Comment